FEOA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got a how-to on removing these vacuum fittings? They're in a tight spot behind the intake manifold where I can't get a good look at 'em, they're plastic and brittle, and I don't want to break them....

TIA!

C ya,
Dutch

·
Registered
449 Posts
there should be black parts that are over your red pieces to make it easier to squeeze, but they seem to be missing from yours. I checked mine today while I was getting my daily wrench session in

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mellowness65 said:
there should be black parts that are over your red pieces to make it easier to squeeze, but they seem to be missing from yours. I checked mine today while I was getting my daily wrench session in
Thanks for keeping an eye out for it on my behalf!

Yeah, I remember seeing one of the little black tabs there, but all the plastic bits under the hood are rather brittle. AZ heat and ozone don't do any favors to plastic and rubber products.

Squeeze the red clips on both sides while pushing in than pull...........they are actually pretty robust plastic
I'll give that a try. The connectors seem a little loose and they slide/rotate around on the manifold fittings pretty easily, but they don't seem to want to come off.

I'm wondering if the intermittent low brake pedal problem I'm having is due to vacuum issues.

Thanks again!

C ya,
Dutch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts