FEOA Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Brtngeek said:
also the ZX2 starter WAS NOT needed. I even used the stock starter with the ZX2 flywheel.
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I'm having starter issues in my ZX2, which has an LX/SPI 5 speed in it (long story). Right now, the original starter is held in with two bolts, and has been working, but the starter itself seems to be dying, and I want to get a starter that can be bolted in with all three bolts....

So, anyhoo, just to confirm I am understanding what you're saying:
You used the stock LX/SPI starter with the ZX2 flywheel when putting a ZX2 5-speed into your LX/SPI.

Did the teeth match up between starter and flywheel?
Was the wiring all the same?

Thanks!

C ya,
Dutch

The difference between the starter mounts on the ZX2 and SPI tranny is that the SPI tranny uses one threaded hole where the ZX2 does not. The ZX2 just bolts through the tranny to the starter. The SPI has a threaded hole in the tranny for a starter bolt. I'm using a SPI tranny in my turbo ZX2 (longer gearing, longer in boost) and I had to bore out the lower starter hole to fit the ZX2 starter bolt.

ZX2Fast said:
The difference between the starter mounts on the ZX2 and SPI tranny is that the SPI tranny uses one threaded hole where the ZX2 does not. The ZX2 just bolts through the tranny to the starter. The SPI has a threaded hole in the tranny for a starter bolt. I'm using a SPI tranny in my turbo ZX2 (longer gearing, longer in boost) and I had to bore out the lower starter hole to fit the ZX2 starter bolt.
Thanks for the info. I got it sorted out and working again!

C ya,
Dutch

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.