FEOA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i went to get insurance on my zx2 i was asked is it the hot or cool version. what is the diffrence between the two. also my zx2 has 151K and it seems to be getting 25 mpg on the highway. i have done a compleat fuelsystem cleaner changed the plugs (not because of the fuel consuption) and cleaned the airfilter(k+n filter). im kinda not worried about it but it would be nice to know why.

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
The cool is a stripped down base model while the hot has more options. Is it an automatic or manual? What year? You might want to clean the MAF, the K&N filter oil can gum it up and could be causing you bad mileage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
madmatt2024 said:
The cool is a stripped down base model while the hot has more options. Is it an automatic or manual? What year? You might want to clean the MAF, the K&N filter oil can gum it up and could be causing you bad mileage.
mine is a 99 w all options but auto trans abs and leather. as far as the k+n oil if i take it out and put a paper one in would that correct that after i clean the maf?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
What he is saying is that some of the oil from the k&n can get on the maf and gum it up and cause dust to stick to it. I have had a k&n on my car for two years, a cone one the past 6 months. I have had to clean the maf just a couple of times. I bought a can of the maf cleaner when I put on the cone and cleaned the maf. I cleaned it again earlier this month. So after 6 months I only needed to clean it once. I would stick with the k&n filter and buy a can of the maf cleaner and just clean the maf every few months.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alordofchaos said:
How's your tire pressure?
My front left tire didn't look too low, but I noticed a big mpg drop.
yea that is one of the things i check once a week lol because here in ky our temp fluchuates alot so there aired perfecly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts