FEOA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 01 ZX2. The guy wanted rid of it because his wife said he had too many cars on his insurance.

I believe that the shifter selenoid is out of it. It is an auto, and when I push the break, the middle consol doesn't make that clicking noise. However, when you push a pen on the little button, it shifts out of park.

How much does a selonoid run on these cars, and about how much time in fixing it? Is there a how to?

Thanks

Andy g

·
Registered
516 Posts
Before you go looking for a new shift solenoid. Make sure all your brake lights are on. The shifter solenoid is tied into the brake light switch, if it does not detect that the brake lights are on it will not shift. I know this from personal experience. If that does not work then try that. Im not 100% sure but I believe it is the middle brake light that the shifter is tied to.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got the car today...

The brake lights work just fine. When I want to shift out of park or downshift at all, I have to push down on a spring loaded white lever (the console is out of it). So, is that my solenoid?

If it matters at all, when I do push the breaks, I hear a slight hum near the passenger dash area, but only for a split second. I don't know if that has any kind of revelance.

Thanks!

Andy g

·
Registered
516 Posts
It could be the solenoid. You should hear a click when you hit the brakes unlocking the solenoid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts