FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming home from my ladies house, and an old friend of mine pulls up beside me, so we pull over and get to talkin' and he's got a 240 with an sr20det swap (a 2.0 turbo from japan).. has timeslips showing 14.8's.. so i tell him i'm shootin' for 14.9's, end up deciding to race to see how i do. Go out to the country, find some clean highway, and we go at it.

First gear - jumps me 1/2 car
Second gear - pull back to even
third - i pull half car
forth - pull back even

we shut down around 100, which should have been a little past a 1/4, dead even.. i was proud.. he was surprised.. :)

.. then we both beat a gsx and the gsr on the way back into town.. good times! :)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea man.. i bought an rx7 maf, new shifter bushings, new engine mounts, and a full exhaust system (2.5" from the flex-pipe back - 3 dynomax race bullets - no cat or resonator) which should all be installed by the end of next week. now if i could just get my fast car all put together..

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Very nice. Keep up with this old buddy, anyone who takes a look at a nissan econo car and says, "I'm going to take advantage of this sic peice of engineering, and ignore the intentionally 'non-offensive' styling entirely" is a hero in my book. It sounds like he could benefit from some weight losses though :wink: <- (you can thank Captain Obvious for that one)

Keep up the straight line fight, Tito. Sounds like you're pretty darn good at it.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
I decided I'm going to strip some of my interior out.

I have to wait till after this weekend to take my rear seat out, I'll try to get my rear carpet out and anyone know of any 5x7 boxes So I can take the rear part of the interior out and move my sub/amp up to where my backseat used to be? :?

That should be a good what? 150-200 lbs of weight? I already have the two very rear grey plastic interior body pieces out, along with my spare tire. :D

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
James92Scort said:
My job here is done. :D :D :D

I would imagine you could mount the 5x7's in the common 6x9 box found at walmart.. but i really don't know.. and yes, if you're going to have weight, put it as close to the front as possible. And take out your putty knife and scrape the stuff under the carpet out.. probably end up being 100-150lbs lighter..

Thanks, beaver.. i do what i can.. a $950 car with $45 in mods and new tires, i'd say i'm doing OK.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Optimally James, if you're hard-core, you'll move to the desert and unbolt your rear hatch, ditch the A/C and stereo stuff, as well as interior trim and remove all side glass in favor of rivetted lexan and a safety net for the driver's door. Don't forget those pesky life-saving side impact beams in the doors either. Then you'll be in search of another spare tire so that you can run them both on the rear axle, and somebody to weld in some hydraulic tubing in place of your rear struts.. to fight squat.

:twisted:

Admit it, it would be fun to do with an extra beater, even in Indiana :wink:

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
TitoElSpicco said:
James92Scort said:
My job here is done. :D :D :D

Thanks, beaver.. i do what i can.. a $950 car with $45 in mods and new tires, i'd say i'm doing OK.
LMAO...yeah yeah. Thanks btw. I raced a new neon tonight, we were dead even until 60 and then I think she backed off. but it was fun spinning my tires and still keeping right with her. :D

Beaverboy said:
Optimally James, if you're hard-core

:twisted:

Admit it, it would be fun to do with an extra beater, even in Indiana :wink:
I'm not that hardcore, this is still my daily driver. :p If I did strip my entire car out, I'd get a wagon and do it. holy crappo that'd be fun...even in Indiana :twisted:

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
If I could find a wagon in the first place, I'd strip it down, and then I would try to find a GTX and take the turbo 1.8, with tranny and the AWD system and put it on the Wagon...then in the summer, I'd take the front drive shaft off the transfer case and do fun as hell burnouts and donuts with it. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts