FEOA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...i was driving around last night and everything was going perfect, then all of a sudden i leave a stop light and i notice i dont have as much clutch pressure as i used to. Then i noticed it was a bit harder getting into 2nd and third.

Strangely tho, by the time i got to fifth i had normal clutch pressure again, but still slightly rougher engaugement.

So at this point i'm like WTF...pull into a pizza place, drive the driver side up a curb so i can get under it, and check for a leaking clutch master cyl or slave. Nothin.

So i get back on the road and give it some power and i still have inconsistent clutch pressure, but its shifting easier under boost.....yeah...

I'm lost. Anyone wanna take a guess?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Clutch Pressure

Yay ! Oh, yeah, like clutch problems are so much fun. The only thing I can think about at this point is that your clutch reservoir ( which is the brake reservoir ) is low and right at the exact point to where it is trying to suck in a little air, but then the bubble is coming back out. So you have a back and forth condition. ( Boy, that's really a doosey of a story but, hey, I'm trying ).
OR
Maybe your clutch master rubber plunger piece ( whatever the correct name is ) is worn to the point of every so many hits it doesn't seal properly and doesn't get a full stroke. I have seen brake masters do that, every so many hits and the pedal goes to the floor.
( Boy, that one was almost as bad as the first ).
Oh well, I tried.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brakes are fine, fluid is still full. Rubber lines arent ballooning and no apparent leaks.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so yeah....everywhere had the parts backordered cuz i guess nobody in Monroe has ever had problems with their EGT's clutch.....and just by the time they got here the weather cooled down and wouldnt ya know it.....my clutch problems stopped. WTF. I'm replacing them anyways because i'm sure its just the fluids thickening up due to the cold....but damn.....how small of a leak must it have been....

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so everything was going fine. finally got the parts today after them being backordered forever.....and when i go to leave my buddys place it goes into gear just fine, but as soon as i'm in gear....wont let me out. Stalled it out to back up a few times, then slam shifted all the way home. I really need a day off to get some **** done....

·
Registered
230 Posts
Nothing Like Tomorrow

So , I take it this means that it is Nov. and you still haven't rebuilt your master clutch cylinder yet. Nothing like working in the snow.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol. fixing it today actually. i haven't rushed it cuz i have another beater car right now. and its actually like 65 and sunny today. if it gets too cold tho, nothing like a heated garage :D

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol. fixing it today actually. i haven't rushed it cuz i have another beater car right now. and its actually like 65 and sunny today. if it gets too cold tho, nothing like a heated garage :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts