FEOA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the problem at hand.

So I drove to the mall with no problems in the car at all, and when I leave, my cylinder stops working. I had gotten work done on it before, New fuel filter, 02 Sensor. My light does flash as I drive around, and it says I have a P1131 "System too lean" Code as well as the P0301 "Cylinder 1 misfire".

I replaced the Spark Plugs and the wires, and same problems. I've ran some down home testing with my friend, and decided to switch spark plug around between 1 and 3 and same problem. I did notice that spark plug 1 still had the smell of fuel on it and look practically new.

We did an "arc" test. We tested the electricity coming out of wire 1 and tested it on cylinder 1 and 3 and got no arc. However when we used wire 3 on 1 and 3, the cylinder worked :D So I'm positive fuel injectors aren't failing as I though.

I would like to note that these are new wires, and I can only think it is the coil pack. My friend thinks it is the distributor, so if anyone can help us out, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've replaced the wires and the problem persists. I checked the arc of electicity from the coil pack for wire #1 and there was no electricty coming from the coil.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
FordMan59 said:
Sounds to me like you just got a bad wire if #1 will fire when you put the wire from #3 on it.
I'm thinkin what he did was just take the wire #3 off the plug #3 and put it on #1 and didn't switch out the coil connection.

If that's the case, then yeah, I would say you have a faulty coil. Could probably get one of not too much at the JY.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Agreed the problem is on the coil pack.

·
Registered
85 Posts
On the note of coil packs, are there any decent aftermarket ones available? I think mines original with 165k miles on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts