FEOA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Just purchased a XHG3 pcm. I would like to install into my 98 zx2 but I’ve read that some things need to be done first with the a/c. I saw a link in this forum that gives you instructions on how to do it but the link is dead. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
9,938 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's plug n play so you can install an SR PCM with no issues. I have one in my Black 2001 ZX2. The biggest danger with a SR PCM is you can blow the engine up since it removes Speed limiter (107mph if I remember correctly). No you can drive as fast as the car will go to include engine failure...

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
It's plug n play so you can install an SR PCM with no issues. I have one in my Black 2001 ZX2. The biggest danger with a SR PCM is you can blow the engine up since it removes Speed limiter (107mph if I remember correctly). No you can drive as fast as the car will go to include engine failure...
Wrong dude. BigTuna has a 98' so some stuff needs to be rewired for an S/R or any other 99.5+ model year PCM to work properly. The file I posted lists the changes needed.

Reactions: pextor

·
Super Moderator
6,050 Posts
Wrong dude. BigTuna has a 98' so some stuff needs to be rewired for an S/R or any other 99.5+ model year PCM to work properly. The file I posted lists the changes needed.
THIS.

Reactions: madmatt2024

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Site seems sketchy as heck when I go there to download it. How do I download without seeing all these weird ads and other things? I'm not a member of 4 Shared.
Man, I'm so sorry. I have adblock so I had no idea they were running those kinds of ads on that site now. I also had no idea that it redirects like a scam site if you click the download button without adblock. Sadly, it was a legit site when I joined a few years ago. I guess I'll stop using them and find another host. In the meantime, I'll remove the link so nobody else get a virus or something from this trash.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Interesting. I wasn't aware that pre 99 Z's require a few changes to accomodate the S/R ECU.

I guess since I swapped everything out of a 2000 ZX2 I didn't notice the incompatibility.

John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts