FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
cant say i have any experience with it, but i do know that you cant use any mod chip with xbox live...dont know if you cosidered that or not...

Anomalous

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
good chip.. But if this is your first hack... I would find someone that has done the MOD and unlocked the HDD before (trust me on this).. Maybe even pay them a few bux for their GAS..

unless you are an 1337 haxor or have an extra $150 for the Even harder to mod V1.6 xbox. But then again, I would never do anything aginst the DMCA.

[teh scr33n sav3rs] i2 y0ur fri3nd!!!1111

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
There are chips out there now where you can still use XBOX live... I know someone who does it. The only thing is that you have to use a legally purchased game for live still. He stopped doing XBOX now though, and only does playstation.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Chipped boxs allow you to upgrade your Hard drive to a larger one, play burned games, even rip games onto the hard drive so you dont have to have the game to play it, it can run right off your box, and you also dont need a dvd playback kit.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I've got the Xecuter 2.2 pogo(solderless) mod over a year (maybe 2) ago, and it's pretty sweet. However, I think I will solder it in eventually anyway, because the xbox gets bumped a little bit now and again, then won't boot right until you re-position the mod the 1/4 mm it's off (doesn't take much, the D0 contact is less than 1mm wide on the PCB)

i play games once in a while on my xbox, but what I use it mostly for is a media center.. I download my different anime to my PC, then use relaX to stream it to XBMP (Xbox Media Player) so instead of watching my naruto, initialD, Monster, and whatever else on my computer, i can sit in the couch and watch it on my TV with friends comfortably instead of straining to see the computer monitor in the small room i have my PC in. Truthfully, I have actually never ripped a game or put in a different hard drive yet. lol!

--sarge

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, i own a v1.0 XBOX (ORIGINAL :D) and the chip will work on all xbox's v1.0-1.5... damn i dunno whats up with those 1.6's, but it costs an ass and a leg to get them running right so it seems. Also this chip has an on and off switch so XBOX live games will run fine..

The reason i am getting this is due to the fact that i was just about to go buy "Star Wars: Knights Of the Old Republic II: The Sith ______" (long ass name... SW:KOTOR:TS_ hahahah.. and i thought, well.. i could buy one game for $70.. or buy one chip for $75, and never have to buy another game again, ill just rent them :D..

"Powerfull you have become, the dark side I sense in you."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.