FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay i have a 89 gt that i just bought about 3 weeks ago, and well i could tell that it leaked cuz the back was wet, but it hasnt rained real hard senice i got it till tonight, and i got a little leakage, i was thinking of just buying some silcone stuff in the tube and putting it around the weatherstrip, and ideas? try to keep it under 10-15 bucks thanks
-Jim,

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
to be sure where the water is coming in from, gut the trunk area. wait inside your car and have a friend hose down your car. starting from top, wait a bit, and if nothing, spray more towards the bottom (wheel wells, under the bumper...).

that's what i had to do when i had a leak coming in the rear of my car. at first i thought it was the window leaking, but it was coming in towards the bottom, from where a missing bolt was supposed to be holding my bumper on. (damn body mechanics). water was getting in there, and i just caulked it.
no more tears.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
only thing is..... the water is pooling up in my driver side 6x9 its in the factory spot, look at my sounddomain page and i need to at least get that to stop so i dont have to worry about my 80.00 6x9s :D

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
yeah, it looks like it might be coming in from one of the back windows.
i would still use caulk. i can safely say that will do the job right. i think they have some black colored caulk. ....pretty sure.

oh yeah, it shouldnt cost you much either. im sure you could even find some leftover caulk from your best friend's bathroom job easy.

·
Registered
386 Posts
i would suggest caulking it also but before you do coat the hatch itself with vaseline that way the silicone will not adhere to the hatch there fore sealing it for life.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
hahahahahahahhhahahaa!!!! i never thought of that!
it would be a terrible shame if that happened.
but a great prank on someone tho.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts