FEOA Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that these aren't the most desirable sizes for enthusiasts but I am trying to run a taller tire for better fuel economy. I presently run a 185/65 15 for the same purpose.

I am going to try and get used tires, so I want as many options as possible heading in.

Thanks!

· Super Moderator
5,985 Posts
I had 195/65/15s all the way around on my old 01 zx2.

· Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all of this. I will try it when I have more time and money to play with. (if ever)

I just went to the used tire place and got myself some used 185/65/15s

Long live used tires for my beater/DD!

· Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Back from the grave. It is time to get tires...might as well get some more gear in along with my .717 5th...so you all think a 185/70/15 wouldn't rub? On second thought 185/70/15 is rare. Thoughts?

· Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks....ended up getting the 195/65 low rolling resistance kumho eco-wing...man what a difference in rolling resistance! Haven't gotten any real figures yet. Would have to say that I would not try this tire size/wheel combo. It is WAYYYY too close to the strut towers...surprised it doesn't rub since the distance between the tire and strut tower is almost invisible.

· Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is both width and height wise in this case. I figure that if someone were even to get a different brand of tire they would be at a huge risk. I know this tire size is not of interest to many folks at all but it is for my purpose of a lower final drive combined with the .717 5th (which I thought wasn't extreme enough to meet my goals with the 4.10 final drive).

No rubbing at high speed. Drove it for an hour today on the highway.

LOWETGT said:
Width or height wise is it close? Any rubbing at high speed when tire "expands" a little?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.