FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my intercooler came in the mail today...I am also expecting turbo timers, yes two...one for the passat also...and I have two turbos coming...kinda by accident...I didn't think I would win both...one is and IHI and the other is a Garret t3.....starting to get some parts together....muahahahaha

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure which turbo I'm gonna use, but whichever it is I will be selling the other one...it's gonna be awhile before I will put it together...after all I have 165k on the engine...I'm gonna rebuild it to very high specs before running the turbo....prob be finished with the engine by the end of the year...I'm def taking my time...it's worth it

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Sweet action! I'd buy the other turbo off you but I think building something custom to fit my cars needs would be more efficient. Have you checked my turbo plans out? i'm gonna rebuild and turbo like you. Except I have a spare block ready for the machine shop right now :twisted:

What kinda times are you aiming for?

I got everything on my Cardomain site. follow the link in my sig.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well to start off with is a full tear down and rebuild of the engine, plans include high volume oil pump, forged rods and pistons, new water pump(no since not to while apart) new crank, hopefully a good high perfornmance one, everything balanced and blueprinted, reworked head, custom cams, match ported intake and exhaust, possible custom intake manifold, all new sensors, prob custom fuel rail, larger injectors, stand alone engine management, new ignition system maybe msd or something of the like...there's really too much to get into...but the whole car is getting a thorough going through before I'm done

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
True there is too much to get into. Here's the list I thought up and added a few when Pimpscort gave me some extra ideas and stuff I forgot about.

Check out my Plans: http://www.feoa.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3049&start=0

I'm going to post this on my cardomain site too so I wont' have to keep looking it up on feoa :wink:

Hope it helps in some way. I'm going all out in my rebuild. nothing will be half assed in this rebuild. 8O

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
what's the little warner ishi ihi off of?

if it's a '87-88 tbird, it'd spool fast as hell and make far more boost than you'll ever need anyway.. so i'd sell the t3 and keep that..
but that's just me.. :)

and james - i breezed through that post you linked to, if you and this fine young gentleman haven't already, BUY maximum boost and read it COVER TO COVER
You might think you don't have enought time now, but you'll kick yourself in the ass when you get a turbo that's isn't right for your engine and can't get the damn thing to spool..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.