FEOA Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of Pilot cyber white H3 55 Watt drving lights today. I want to wire them so they turn on with the high beams. I also have a set of Nokya 80/110 arctic white bulbs in the headlights. Am I going to burn down the stock harness if i run the driving lights off of it too?

I noticed in my Haynes manual it says my car has a spot on the harness for fog lights... Can I run them off of there? Will they dim with the high beams?

I'm trying to work this so that they run only when the high beams are on, but I dont want to find out the hard way if its going to burn my harness down. I'll be pushing 165 Watts through the stock headlight system, which to me seems like its going to be pushing it.

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
I assume the lights will come with a relay. If not, buy a pair that does.
Just power the coil in the relay with the two wires that power the high beams. do it right near the headlight so you know which 2 wires. Then power the fog lights directly from the battery, making sure there is a fuse in that line(the harness thast comes with the fog lights should have a fuseholder in line, if not, get a piar that does) but this circuit will go through the contacts of the relay. So you have a wire that goes from the battery then a fuse, than the relay contacts, to the foglight bulb, and go from the other side of the bulb to ground. then jumper the other light to the first light. this way the only additional load on the high beam circuit is a little negligible coil.

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pair I got has the remote control relay system. I didnt buy them for that, BTW, I bought them cuz they looked like the best set there.

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It has a little black box, and a remote, Like a keyless entry system, and you can use it to turn em on and off.

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
well that really confuses matters unless you don't use that black box. That's really just a useless toy anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.