FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a new member, cant belive I found this place.
91 pony-converting to GT! 8)

I need to know if wiring harness is the only thing between a base(pony) fuse block and power window/locks/mirrors. :p Or do I have to replace relays, blocks and wires :( to upgrade the vehicle.

Anyone know of 1 good site for 91 mod parts?
[/url]

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The swap

I took my doors off and traced the 4 wires from the body to the door and they lead to the speaker and a "closed door switch" but I think if I go into the fuse block I might be able to find a place for a harness that has those features..or maybe not?

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh

:idea: So what your saying is that even though there is only 4 wires coming from the fuse block, thats enough to run all the power options. :?:
:idea: Because all they need is power because the controls are built in!

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if you have a 91 pony

In the wire harness, in the car body from the fuse block, that connects to the door connector, is only four wires not the expected 7. :cry:

I guess they didnt standardize the connectors on the first year of the new model.

If anyone has a 91 pony Please check to see if the same is true of theirs.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok yes that is where you dissconnect the wires for the door and yes that is the right connector. But what im saying is that on the inside side of that conn. there are only 4 wires going to it and yes, the only way to get seven wires for power doors is to replace the wire from fuse block to that connector. I wrote another thread asking bout 91 pony... the first year and the cheapest of the new body style.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.