FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
What are those, the Cooper WinterMasters? A very capable winter tire, in my experience. I used a set of those for a couple of years then my company went to the WinterHandler (private label made by Cooper). I've been through 2 sets of those. They are VERY good for aggressive driving in the snow (which I "occassionally" do). This year I'm switching to the WinterForce by Firestone. Super-aggressive, directional, deep tread with stepped lugs for added traction. They are also pinned for studs, but I haven't decided if I'm going to stud them yet. Now I just have to finish painting my rims gold....

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I feel your pain, bro.

I put mine on Sunday.... talk about a loss in grip!! :x My right foot is still being retrained.

Mine are Michelin Alpin 175/70R13s. They have decent lateral stability, don't have much fore/aft stability until you get them on wet or snowy roads. Then they seem to come into their element. They also make a neat whirring sound in the rain.

I was able to drive up a rough, steep snow/ice covered driveway that my friend barely made up in his 4wd SUV w/ off-road tread, last winter with them. I sure wish I had a LSD though.

I'm looking forward to the first good snowfall we have.. I'm going to mount up the camera mount and go blitzing.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah they are Cooper Winter Masters, they do have holes already, for studs...

I have a set of Michelin Alpine’s 2 winter ago... and never again will I get those........ by the end of the winter (1winter) they were winter slicks. The tred wear is ... horrible on them. They are way to soft…

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.