FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you remove the window belt mouldings and window belt weatherstrips (the weatherstrip and moulding the runs along the top of the door panel that when the window is down you would be resting your arm on). Mine, for some reason, on the driver's door, does not touch the glass and is allowing water inside the door shell when it rains. I want to try and adjust or replace it but can't figure out how it comes off.

·
Super Moderator
6,101 Posts
I think you have to take the mirror off to get the front ones off, other than that it just pries up off. I did it in the JY so I wouldn't mess up mine first!

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
yeah, definitely do a junk yard run first, to get some spare clips... because at least 1 or 2 will break when you pull the piece off.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it's just like the 3rd gen ones? Charles and I yanked a few of them off up at Harry's a while back. Does the big moulding come off with it too? I can't figure out why my weatherstrip is not touching the glass. The only thing I can figure is that dirt got under it and wedged it outwards a little.

·
Super Moderator
6,101 Posts
it's very similar if not the same as the 3rd gens IIRC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts