FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys I have a small problem. My temperature gauge isnt working. So the 1.9 automatic has the three sensors by the t-stat. The one closest to the firewal is the coolant temp sensor, middle is temp sender, and the 3rd is the radiator control sensor correct? I changed my starter the other day and getting to the bolt I accidentally hit the coolant temp sensor and it being old and brittle the plastic part just broke in half. So I changed the coolant temp sensor with a new one and all of a sudden my temp gauge stopped working. Thinking maybe I hit the temp sender I just changed it today but still the gauge doesnt work. What else would cause the gauge to not work? Since it happened right when I changed the coolant temp sensor it leads me to believe it has something to do with that, does that sensor effect the gauge and is it possible its defective? I am at a loss.

· Registered
353 Posts
the1nicko said:
Alright guys I have a small problem. My temperature gauge isnt working. So the 1.9 automatic has the three sensors by the t-stat. The one closest to the firewal is the coolant temp sensor, middle is temp sender, and the 3rd is the radiator control sensor correct? I changed my starter the other day and getting to the bolt I accidentally hit the coolant temp sensor and it being old and brittle the plastic part just broke in half. So I changed the coolant temp sensor with a new one and all of a sudden my temp gauge stopped working. Thinking maybe I hit the temp sender I just changed it today but still the gauge doesnt work. What else would cause the gauge to not work? Since it happened right when I changed the coolant temp sensor it leads me to believe it has something to do with that, does that sensor effect the gauge and is it possible its defective? I am at a loss.
check the grounds...its a common issue

· Super Moderator
10,547 Posts
I used a small hose clamp, and clamped a wire to the brass housing of the temp sender for the gauge, and connected the other end of the wire to the negative side of the battery. I think that sender can be screwed into the little 'manifold pipe',. and not be grounded well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.