FEOA Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna pick up a rear sway bar in the spring. Who makes a good unit at a good price?

Thanks

also anyone have one of these? i hear its about the best handling mod you can make.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
what model car? if its a 2g or 3g lx.. go with a 2g gt or wagon bar.. both are bigger thasn urs.. there has been some crap flying around for days now about which one is better, id go withe the wagon one since its bigger and tubeular.. i dunno. i have a gt one on now, and it workjs just fine, so im happy.
-Justin

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I have a 1" quickor sway bar... they don't make em anymore, but they're fantastic. With the G/C's and tokicos, I probably have one of the more neutral handling EGTs on the road... of course it's not on the car right now because it's in storage, but it's a great bar if you can find it.

·
Registered
465 Posts
JaMiECypheR said:
Wagon swaybars are the way. Seriously.

You should drive my wagon and see how it handles.
same one as the GT i think

·
Registered
79 Posts
JaMiECypheR said:
Wagon swaybars are the way. Seriously.

You should drive my wagon and see how it handles.
see now the thing with this is... well the reason it is larger is because there is more weight over the anus... so really that sway bar on that car wont make it do anything performance wise compaired to the gt's or the lx's.

if you think about it the opposite way its a little more clear... if you took a geo metro's suspension and put it on an f350 (a little exagerated (sp)) it would roll over taking a corner at 3 mph. the more weight the more strength needed to keep it in line.

(this is fordboy4ever on jons computer and i didnt take the time to switch users)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Roddy said:
Hmm, i wonder if they have just the rear bar? ^^^ What does the ST unit go for and where can i get it?
the ford racing comment was also by me... fordboy4ever... and i am nearly positave it is front and rear... give em a call and see what they can do.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Aren't the wagon swaybars hollow? The GT's are solid. This make a huge difference. The diameter might be the same but I thought the wagons had hollow bars?

I personally have a GT solid 21MM bar. Best ten dollars I ever spent:)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Are you sure the 21mm is solid, because from my knowlege they only made the 19mm wagon solid and the 21mm gt hollow. I own a 19mm but if there was a 21mm solid i'd go get one instead.

Tokstad, can/did you measure your bar and conferm that the ends aren't crimped?

I'm about to go to the junk yard and ask them to show me everything in the warehouse.

You know what is the best, the people on the z/x2 boards don't know the difference between the hollow 19mm lx bars and the 19mm solid bars.
- nick

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
upgrading the bushings and adding a GT or wagon bar will be all you need. the upgraded bushings are a must if you want to get the most out of the bar.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts