FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what does it mean when my car starts blowing out white smoke out of the exhaust pipe.

it wasnt doing that yesterday before i changed my oil, like i always do, except for the fact that i added an oil treatment along with that, could that be the reason, if so why would it do that? or if not what could it be?

:(

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Keep and eye on your coolant level. Look at the coolant in the radiator when it's cool and see if there's an oily film on top from oil getting into the coolant.

Pull off the oil filler cap just after shutting off the engine when it's warm and look for foam and a sweet smell, which would indicate coolant in your oil. You don't want coolant in your oil for very long.. it isn't good for the engine at all.

If the oil isn't too full and it's still smoking.. time to start calling around to shops to price a headgasket install, or, if you're mechanically minded, time to do some research and replace it yourself.

·
Registered
124 Posts
shdhf

I am having a problem with the same thing. I recently replaced a radiator hose that is above the oil filter and runs underneath the intake manifold. All my clamps are tight, and whenever I punch the throttle I get white smoke. So my question is do I have a leaking hose or do I have a cracked head?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts