FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well.... a friend wants to buy my gt (its crashed) and so i went outside today to start it up and everything and above 2k rpms there is white, not blue smoke coming out of the tailpipe. the car has been sitting for 2 months.... any ideas? thanks.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Does it smoke anymore?

If not, it could just be due to condensation build up inside the engine from not driving it for that extended period of time. If it runs fine now, and blows no more smoke, let it go.

Does it smoke continuously, or does it eventually stop if you let it keep revving?

If it still smokes continuously, particularily after sitting overnight, you got an internal coolant leak somewhere. Most likely cause on the 1.8's is head gasket. I don't know about the 1.8's, but on the 1.9's the intake manifold actually seals some of the water jackets in the head. It could be because of a loose manifold, or a bad or blown gasket, but I don't think the 1.8's have this kind of setup.

Matt 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.