FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I was riving home and I drove into a dip in the road filled with water and some it covered my engine. As soon as I got home car died and wouldnt start. I cleaned water from around spark plugs and it started but white smoke comes out. So I changed the oil and quit for awhile but now it back. I bought that HEET stuff and put it in my gas and it still does it. I let the car sit and idle and it will idle for like 2 minutes then the rpms start going down and it dies. I went and bought some new spark plugs and spark plug wires and it seems to idle for a good while now but there still white smoke coming out and just leaving it idle the temp got up to 3/4. The guys at autozone said maybe when I drove into the water it froze my engine kind of and the head cracked. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
white smoke is coolant. That would be a gasket problem, or you really could have cracked the head... check your compression and do a leak down test.

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
Check the coolant level with the engine cold. Is your reservoir empty? I don't know how you could have quenched your head badly enough to do this without driving into a lake, but it doesn't sound good at all.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ah cool everythings seems to be a okay with my car. I took it to the dealership and the said its running fine and that a valve might be a bit bent but thats it. The guy cleaned moisture out of a few places and tightening my aircleaner so my car finally idles good. They charged me $75 to look at it and they said to keep and eye on the coolant level just incase my head is cracked

1 - 4 of 4 Posts