FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check engine light came on, belive it was codes 1131 and 133,both refered to the main cause as being an O2 sensor. But of course, theres two of them (96 1.9 obdII) and there 65.00 bucks each! So, first question, does one tend to go before the other? Can I somehow check them? Do I really need the special tool? And has anyone found them cheaper? Thanks

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
Are those the only two codes you received?

If so, the problem is only the upstream O2 sensor.

If the downstream O2 sensor was bad, you should get catalytic converter efficiency codes, which you didn't get.

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
I've just read a fair bit about them on the internet.

There's actually some logic behind the madness that we call codes. Mind you, deciphering codes for my 91 LX (OBD 0.1) is much easier than OBD II stuff.

What I hate is when guys don't fix problems as they arise - then they get 40 codes and nobody can see the forest for the trees.

In this case, both codes point to the same problem with the upstream O2 sensor: not switching (ie shorted). Such is the fate of the poor, unenviable exhaust O2 sensor.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
ur really pushing for those memberships highanddry! I can't blame ya... I think we need to help out where we can... but we're gonna scare away the new meat! LOL! Wait till he's at 75 posts before you start sending the threatening letters!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts