FEOA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who can help me out? I have a 89 LX that runs very smooth no upgrades at all... Im looking to do some work to it but just dont know where to start. I just recently gave it a tune up wires, distributor, spark plugs etc; but as far as performance I want to give it some GO!!!!!

The car is automatic... would like to keep the 1.9 engine but if i have to swap it out i would I have a Ford mechanic who is really good and can hook me up if i need to install anything... so if anyone has suggestions on where to start that would be nice...

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Welcome aboard, I hope you find what you're looking for. The search button here is pretty handy for finding that info. What's even easier is that 95% of it is located in the 1st gen section, so there is much less to search through.

What you want depends on your power goals, budget, and how you'll actually drive the car. There's an old adage: fast and cheap won't be reliable; cheap and reliable won't be fast; reliable and fast won't be cheap.

Look into the stickies at the top first, and they'll give you more of an idea of what to expect when modifying these cars. If you're just going with a mechanic doing your work, then I would suggest you ask him, since we seem to all be CVH fans here, and the vast majority do our own work.

·
Registered
524 Posts
For more pep, a 5-speed manual will make a big difference. You can do plenty of motor mods, but you'll still be held back by the sluggish 3-speed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts