FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive heard of it, and seen pics of ppl that have used it on there windows, but i cant find it anywhere, does anyone know where i can get this at?

·
Registered
319 Posts
hobby shops usually have it.. for the rc cars, or simply order it off the net..do a yahoo search and some of em will come up quickly..good luck

Laci

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RoLLiNnCaLi said:
hobby shops usually have it.. for the rc cars, or simply order it off the net..do a yahoo search and some of em will come up quickly..good luck

Laci
Hobby shops?, like hobby lobby????

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
i would rather use it on my taillights. and have a professional do my window tinting.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
the only problems i can think of are how strict your cops are in your neighborhood about window tint; because with the spray, you dont know how dark/light you're going to be. that and i have visions of the fluid running down the windows causing permanent haggardness..

·
Registered
750 Posts
just pay for the windows to get done professionaly, its warrantied for life, and all in all istn expensive. Also i feel this 'tint spray' should be used for lights only. and can look good, just check out the post about ideas for the rear reflector.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
yeah... if you use spray for the windows you'll get not only streaks but also it will be uneven- and even if you get one window even with itself, the other windows may not be the same tint %.

On top of that, the spray on stuff is expensive, so by the time you are done, you may have spent as much as it would be to do professionally.

I plan on tinting my rear taillights SLIGHTLY using the spray on stuff. But on bigger stuff.. just spend the extra and get it done professionally..

- my 2

·
Registered
295 Posts
Speaking of tint, the guy I got my car from had a home-job tint, and I peeled it off, because it was all bubbled and nasty. Anyhow, now there is a residue, any reccomendations for removal? I tried Orange clean and window cleaner... No good.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Steve said:
Speaking of tint, the guy I got my car from had a home-job tint, and I peeled it off, because it was all bubbled and nasty. Anyhow, now there is a residue, any reccomendations for removal? I tried Orange clean and window cleaner... No good.
Rubbing achoal

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
HoKeY said:
Steve said:
Rubbing achoal
..and a razorblade

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
for tinting the tails - how easy would it be to scratch that stuff??
because i don't wanna have the tint on my taillights for 5mins and have some schmuck with a chain wallet walk by and nick my tail(s).
or would it be more practical to buy taillight covers?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts