FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5,301 Posts
How the hell did you have that car jacked that if by just kicking the tire it would make it almost fall off 8O You got balls to work under a car jacked that insecurely. :x When I put my car on the stand I body slam the sides of it to make sure it's secure BEFORE I work on it or get under it.

Yes the aluminum rims can be a pain to get off. This is usually found in the more Northern climates where the winter road salt tends to accelerate the reaction between the steel and aluminum. The first tire removal since the winter is usually the hardest. If you hit one side of the tire while you pull on the other side it usually comes off. If they're stubborn a good kick will get them off, which I'm sure you noticed.

Make sure you properly torque the wheels when you install them. When you set them to the proper torque I found they are a lot easier to get off. Not to mention the safety of not having tires falling off (I'll have to post a pic I found on this).

Matt 8)

· Registered
5,301 Posts
siragan said:
... I would have done a better job but it was late at night, I was tired, and I knew I wasn't working underneath the car anyway.
There are some jobs you just need to take the time to do right.

Even if you weren't under the car, when a car falls off jack stands you know something is gonna break, and thanks to Murphy's law it's usually something expensive or a pain in the ass to replace.

When I put my car up, I place the stands just behind the front wheels. There's a nice solid boss there, It has a oval hole in it. I place the jacks between the outside of the car and that hole, closer to the seam weld.

Of course the ultimate solution would be to get a hydraulic hoist. :D
One of these days, one of these days...

Matt 8)

· Registered
5,301 Posts
sportscort93 said:
my favorite solution for this problem is to smack the center of the rim with a slegde hammer. breaks the loose everytime.
I'd hate to think what my rims would look like after doing that 8O

Aluminium or steel rims, that can't be any good :?

Matt 8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.