FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,051 Posts
For best acceleration you want the lightest wheel possible. Really in my oppinion you should always get the lightest wheel possible in the size you want. I can't remember the calculations but essentially if you can lighten up anything in the drivenline/wheels you are freeing up all sorts of power.

The smaller the wheel lower the gearing thus better acceleration.

The obviously you want the stickiest tire you can get. Most cars can spin just about any tire. The trick is to launch just below that point and keep it there.

· Registered
1,051 Posts
it is true... everyone knows removing weight from a car free's up acceleration, cornering etc. Now for the driveline/wheels etc not only does the engine have to move it down the track/raod but it has to get it spinning as well. The lighter it is the less Torque it takes to get it spinning.

· Registered
1,051 Posts
whooohooo I know something beaver doesn't! :)

so yeah for autocrossing Keizer I think it is. Alluminum. I can't remember if it is 2 or 3 piece. You want the bolts on the opposit direction. Then they will fit with no trouble.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.