FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I ran across a nice wheel offset calculator today. might be handy for anyone trying to fit some wider/taller rims/tires in there....

Wheel Offset Calculator

And another one here:

Another Calculator

And another here: This one is really cool, as it does both wheel and tires, and even has inputs to see what speeds you'll be going and some gearing info too:

Yet another

--sarge

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Probably worth a sticky like the Tire Calc.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
For the most part, changing your offset is bad. For the best results.. moving from a 5" rim to a 10" rim, the optimum offset for handling will be the same.

The problem with offsets comes from having to clear fenders and suspension pieces.. since this calculator doesn't take those into account, it's kinda useless.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
It does however give you an idea of clearance though. It tells you how much more space it will take up on either side. Then it's up to you to take and actually measure to see if you have the space. So it is useful if you take the extra time to actually do the work.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm.. The original link in my post had changed, but I just added a link to the calculator from 1010tires.com. that one works ok too.

--sarge

1 - 5 of 5 Posts