FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my shocks a while back and need to get a wheel alligment. The problem is I need to replace my drive axle on the drivers side. Can I get a wheel allignment now and replace the axle later or will that affect the allignment? I want to put off doing my axle for a few months until it warms up. Thanks

·
Registered
15,617 Posts
If you look in the service manual it says nothing about getting it aligned after doing a half-shaft/axle, etc. Therefore how bad can it be? As for getting new struts, I personally recommend driving on the new shocks for a day or two then getting the alignment (to account for settling of the shocks). Unless you want to damage your tires, I'd get the alignment now.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Okay I work at a Sears Auto Center...we do this all the time here's the thing to do:

Changing a halfshaft CAN affect alignment, however, it really shouldnt do much.

GET THE ALIGNMENT and save your tires now!

most alignments carry a 6mo/6k mile warranty. So get the align and the first warm moment step up and get the shaft in and have the alignment reset under warranty !

:-D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.