FEOA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sometimes when i start my car this light flashes for a second then goes away?? what does it mean????thanx

·
Registered
911 Posts
fuel cutout is the car cutting off fuel to the engine. when u start ur engine, it acts like a choke, it sends a lot of fuel to get the system going. When its sent enough(usually within like less than a second) it pops up to cut off the fuel to keep from flooding it.

the actuall use for fuel cutout is for when u wreck, the system is designed to cut off fuel to prevent ur tank from blowning up or spilling fuel causing a hazard.

Also, the engine runs through almost all the lights when u start ur engine sort of like a "test" for all operational equiment.

hope that helps.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Also, if you have the 1.8 GT engine if you open up your trunk and look to your left you´ll see a little piece of plastic that pops out. there´s a button or a switch in there that if you want to disable your car you can hit that, keep fuel from gettin to the engine manually. but yeah it´s designed to cut fuel from the engine in case you get in an accident so nothing sparks...I bet if we went to nukewaters old car and tried to turn it on it´ll say fuel cutout on the dash :cool:

·
Registered
911 Posts
*feel like startin crap for no reason*

"alos, if ur james, u cant drive and u´d prolly end up using that fuel cutoff because u cant keep ur car on the road"

:p

·
Registered
802 Posts
Why yes, yes it did ;) thanks for noticing, BUT btw my new car also does that for a second ever since i installed my K&N air filter,.. hhm

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%>[TR][TD]Quote:

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]
02-04-2003 at 20:14, 92gt5spd wrote:
*feel like startin crap for no reason*

"alos, if ur james, u cant drive and u´d prolly end up using that fuel cutoff because u cant keep ur car on the road"

:p
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

What can I say? my car sucks lol :-]

·
Registered
15,330 Posts

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]
02-04-2003 at 19:34, 92gt5spd wrote:
the actuall use for fuel cutout is for when u wreck, the system is designed to cut off fuel to prevent ur tank from blowning up or spilling fuel causing a hazard.
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

I had the fuel cutout go off when I hit a partucularly nasty pothole. Took me about 45 minutes to figure out why my car "wouldn´t start".

·
Registered
1,927 Posts

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]
02-04-2003 at 20:06, James92Scort wrote:
Also, if you have the 1.8 GT engine if you open up your trunk and look to your left you´ll see a little piece of plastic that pops out. there´s a button or a switch in there
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

the 1.9 LX´s have it too in case you didn´t know fer sure. at least my h/b does

·
Registered
2,709 Posts

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]
02-04-2003 at 20:32, James92Scort wrote:
What can I say? my car sucks lol :-]
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

I second that.

And just to be on topic, if your car senses it´s been in an accident, it will trip the fuel cutout, so you don´t drench your friends in gasoline, then ignite them in a rather gruesome, but enjoyable, ball of flames.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Actually Ford had a bunch of pissed off police departments cause during high speed chases if they hit a bump the car would die. Also and more of a problem was the rumble strips on the side of the road cause every time they would pull someone over they would roll over them and kill the car.Ha HA! thanks Ford!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yeah, for put those damn cutoffs on just about everything they make. That were always a SOB for the demo derby if you forgot to disable the switch. We used to run crown vics in the demo derby and 200 lap enduro. fun stuff, but dang electronics were more problems then they were worth.

·
Registered
911 Posts
lol.... it did have above a 1 litre and less than 2 liter combustion chamber...i dunno, calculate it...about 12 inches long 3 inch pvc piping.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts