FEOA Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hillo!
Yesterday, I was like "racing" (just follow them up) with some Civic SIR and Prelude...After that...went to the bar...go back in my car...engine turn...ClicClicClAcClic! A loud noise coming from the engine...
I really don't know what can cause that..it's not the piston or the camshaft or something like that...
I was thinking maybe the coil..but How can you see if it's broken or not?!

·
Registered
710 Posts
The Civic and Prelude came back and messed with your car...

Seriously, what do you all think? Sounds like the starter?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope...I as chasing up..and was able to keep up :p

Nope...it's not the starter..the engine kinda start but stop after...it's not fully running and it's really shaking...maybe thinking the ignition Coil (not spark plug and wire...it's new), or the fuel filter that's finish...What do you think?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
the same thing happened to me 2 nights ago. re-tighten all of your spark plugs and make sure all of your spark plug wires are still on tight.

pray it isn't a valve.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bah...I was thinking in first that the camshaft was broken! ;)
And I cannot realy check it now..becauce my car is at 30 km of me :| I just wish nobody will scrap it!
Just tired of paying reparation on that car.. bought it at 5000 $ and I've put in 3000 $ so... (CA dollar)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
*bump*
Just received the confirmation that my engine is blown-up...
It's maybe the collecting rod or the cranck...
So..i'm looking to put a 97 2.0L SPI engine into my 96 scort...
But my parents offert me a good deal...buy a new car! not now..but later!
So... I will put a 1.9L into it...try to sell it...and buy my a new car!
But...what just frustrate me..it's the insurance cost...
:thumbleft: The car is a Huyndai Accent 2003..will cost me 15 000 buck (always in CA money!)
I would pay 180 $ per month...the insurance will cost me about...mmmm... 170$ per month... ARRRRGGG! :twisted:

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Put an SPI in it for less than 2 of those monthly payments.. and then start putting $200/month in a savings account for the day when you want to buy a real car. There's no advantage to buying brand new cars (especially when you consider depreciation) unless you've got stocks in steel companies.

Someday when you're cruising down the road in a new BMW, Vette, Subaru or classic hot-rod, you won't be kicking yourself for not buying a Hyundai when you had the chance, trust me.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I agree with one of the first comments...sounds like my scort when I blow the spark plug wire right off the cap...talk about a light show too. And the MSD with the Blaster2 Coil has made me think I cooked "mis juevos" like a scambled egg...so I suggest shutting the scort off before plugging a wire back in too :D

·
Registered
15,393 Posts
TheBlade said:
I agree with one of the first comments...sounds like my scort when I blow the spark plug wire right off the cap...talk about a light show too. And the MSD with the Blaster2 Coil has made me think I cooked "mis juevos" like a scambled egg...so I suggest shutting the scort off before plugging a wire back in too :D
I'm thinking that if you actually blew a wire off the cap them you might need to do more than just plug it back in...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bah sorry guy for all the trouble..but.. I'va made a decision...will put a 1.9L in it and buy a new car...to this date...Sunfire or Cavalier is my choice...I'm just tired of all the money that I put in my scort! So..I'm selling it out!! :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts