FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay right now I have 2 planet audio 12's in a ported box with a 600w profile california amp. It is very loud on the inside but can be barely heard from the outside. I want to pill up next to people and have them feel my bass. Would a normal box help? all my friend have weaker stuff then me but they have normal boxes so would that make a difference? Would going to 15s or maybe 10s help? I just bought another 600w profile amp because I planned on upgrading anyways so if I got 2 subs id have about 550w going to each what do you guys suggest sub wise and box wise

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
why?

Having all the sound bleed from the car will make it sound like crap inside the car.

two twelves with a proper wattage amp and a good wiring kit should be PLENTY of bass for anybody.

I have a single 10" 600w Audiobahn sub and on certain CDs/Bands I can hear my car from 50 feet away.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just want something where people here me coming from like 200 feet away. maybe 10 are the best way to go. My friend has 4 in his truck and it very loud for 600w. could it possibly be my box? I dont mind loosing some of the base in ym car because it loud enough and not to much will escape because I have dynomat. I just want people to feel the bass

·
Premium Member
8,139 Posts
a system like this one will get you what you want.

three 15's!

im actucually selling this set-up. the three subs in the box with no carpet and a fosgate bd1000 to power them could be yours for a mere 800 dollars plus shipping.

NEUMAN

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First off I wish but shipping would cost a decent amount id assume and I dont needs all that. What series are those subs? just go get idea because I should have 1100 watts but I think ill stick with 2 15's I heard something abut having 3 an odd number is bad. but whatever doesnt matter what series are though and how continous and peak watts can each handle?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No I dont want it stolen. Im not a cock I dont blast it all the time unless I want it to be heard. I just want something loud for someone to envy and it would make me happy, Thats what im into and I like up next to people with loud systems and feeling the bass, it just says something and I want something like that. If it gets stolen then so be it. Now on with the question what should a get. I need a sub that handles 500 continuous

·
Premium Member
8,139 Posts
there older fosgate DVC's. they barely have any use they have meen sittign in my room for like 3 years then in my car for about 3 months then pulled out cause i put in the gtx motor. 1000 watts peak. but since they are dvc you can wire then 2, 4or 8 ohms. this way you can configure the ohms to work correctally with 3 subs.

NEUMAN

·
Registered
680 Posts
I used to have one jl audio 12" and an MTX amp that pushed 325 watts rms and people could here me a block away.You just have to get a good configuration of equipment.You could face it towards the front of the car or the rear to see if that helps.If not you could get some MDF at lowes,home depot or any lumber place and build your own box but make sure you build it using the subs specs.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
how much does the right box help? and what size subs would be best for what im trying to accomplish? I think 15s hit lower notes or something so that be better. Am I correct? or does the frequency response make a diff?

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
a friend of mine with 3K worth of stereo equipment got it jacked a few months ago. We dont live in a high crime area, and I know the kid, he never blasted it when he was in town, or near home. Insurance refused to cover it. He got screwed.
Rolling around with your car shaking from the bass is just begging someone to steal your stuff. Also, whats really more important, that it sounds good to you, or Joe Blow across the street, who, coincidentaly, is gonna bust out your window tonight and steal your stereo cuz you were driving around advertising?

·
Registered
822 Posts
.......... nueman....... how do you get to your spare tire? ...or is that a stupid question..... 8O

·
Registered
822 Posts
black93scort said:
how much does the right box help? and what size subs would be best for what im trying to accomplish? I think 15s hit lower notes or something so that be better. Am I correct? or does the frequency response make a diff?
i say build a different shelf for the back that will hold say, 2-10's and you'll have more bass that you can think of lol
my 6x9s hit probably as hard as a single 10 because they use all the empty airspace in the trunk.... if i put down the seats, there's like no bass at all

·
Registered
138 Posts
I want to pill up next to people and have them feel my bass.
what makes you think anyone else wants to hear that garbage you are trying to pass off as music let alone "feel your bass" .

people like you are a nuisance and annoyance and constantly infringe on everyones elses rights .Nobody gives a crap what you are listening to and forcing it on everyone within a 2 block radius isnt going to change that.if you want to listen to some halfwittted retard with a single digit IQ and no musical ability whatsoever babbling incoherently about nothing ... keep it in your own car noone else wants to hear it

the world doesnt revolve around you and what YOU think is cool

·
Registered
822 Posts
Revvitupegt said:
I want to pill up next to people and have them feel my bass.
what makes you think anyone else wants to hear that garbage you are trying to pass off as music let alone "feel your bass" .

people like you are a nuisance and annoyance and constantly infringe on everyones elses rights .Nobody gives a crap what you are listening to and forcing it on everyone within a 2 block radius isnt going to change that.if you want to listen to some halfwittted retard with a single digit IQ and no musical ability whatsoever babbling incoherently about nothing ... keep it in your own car noone else wants to hear it

the world doesnt revolve around you and what YOU think is cool
that's why people get the cops called on them when they're practicing with their garage bands on their 25W practice amps (been there, done that.... everybody actually COULD hear us though within a 3 block radius.... fun times fun times)

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
I'm 100% with Revvitup on the excessive noise issue. It's completely selfish and inconsiderate. Just like fart cans and back-firing Harleys. People who create these excessive noises should be kicked repeatedly in the gonads until they get the message. One day, you'll see the other side of the equation (ie when you own a nice house in a quiet neighbourhood and some little know-it-all kid drives around wanting to be noticed all the time).

More importantly, do yourself a favour...get your hearing checked. Then, a year from now, get it checked again. You will be amazed how much of the higher and lower frequencies you'll lose driving around like this. You have one pair of ears; and you should respect them. I've lost some hearing just from my place of work; noise which I accepted as part of the job. Now I can't hear things I used to. The ear plugs were always free vend courtesy of my employer but I chose not to use them. Retarded.

Don't be retarded :idea: .

·
Registered
822 Posts
highanddry said:
I'm 100% with Revvitup on the excessive noise issue. It's completely selfish and inconsiderate. Just like fart cans and back-firing Harleys. People who create these excessive noises should be kicked repeatedly in the gonads until they get the message. One day, you'll see the other side of the equation (ie when you own a nice house in a quiet neighbourhood and some little know-it-all kid drives around wanting to be noticed all the time).

More importantly, do yourself a favour...get your hearing checked. Then, a year from now, get it checked again. You will be amazed how much of the higher and lower frequencies you'll lose driving around like this. You have one pair of ears; and you should respect them. I've lost some hearing just from my place of work; noise which I accepted as part of the job. Now I can't hear things I used to. The ear plugs were always free vend courtesy of my employer but I chose not to use them. Retarded.

Don't be retarded :idea: .
yeah..... if your ears are ringing when you get out of the car, it's time to sell the subs, or turn down the juice. when i was playing with my band lol my friend's dad had a stash of earplugs we used. made it that much more fun because we could go crazy on our instruments (could barely head us when we played in his basement)

·
Registered
750 Posts
well im all into feel your balls shake audio...and rattling windows blocks away, and belive me in my Saturn i can do that now...i dont. Its retarded, systems like mine are meant for compiteitions, and seriously it hurts. For a comp i change everything from my amps to my wiring, its a nusiance but it helps me, cuz i love bass, im addicted. And i miss my scort for that, in my scort i had 1 15" comp sub...3000w goin to it. And you heard my system 5 blocks away and then it was then followed by the highs then the exhaust. And when i did that, it was to be a total jacka$$, i admit it. And i regret it. but it was fun, while i was an ignorant kid. Now that ive had stuff stolen, and i know how it hurts for me to come up with the money to get it. But on to the issue at hand, build a box, that is Aeroported, it will be the loudest outside the car, and it sounds decent. And if your changing your subs, ill tell you what to get...SOLO BARIC L7, run two with 1500w+ in an aeroported box and it will make you sorry you listened to me itll be so loud, i promise. I have a friend with a Chevy Blazer Xtreme. 4 Solo Baric L7s 8000 watts going to them, and he hits 159+ db USACi rules. So take it from me, or dont what ever. I only have helped someone take second place in the world last year. oh and check out his system, im not sure if he updated it yet www.cardomain.com/id/babytupac
Its my buddy in his nissan pathfinder.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.