FEOA Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because I have the prices of the local (well... in the same state... about an hour away...) junk yard and I'm wondering if they have a good price there.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I paid $100.00 with chrome acorn lugnuts included at a local garage that had a GT sitting out back. My local U-pull it gets $15.00 a wheel, but sometimes its tough getting 4 good ones that match. I'm still can't believe I got my GT seats for $5.00 a piece at the local yard.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have them at $15 a pop with tires included. But then it also mentions $5 for the core... :?:

·
Registered
680 Posts
It all depends on the yard.I wouldnt be too worried about the core charge.The core is just a a thing that they charge to get the old piece back.Think of it this way.You go to autozone to buy a brake caliper,they are gonna charge a core so you return the old caliper so it could be rebuilt.Which in turn you get your money back.Same thing at junk yards with parts that could be reused or rebuilt.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
at my local j/y you can get a set of rims for $20 ea. doesn't matter if they have tires or not, and no core charge, no bs.

i bought mine from james92scort for $100 along with a 3pc. gt spoiler. it was a great deal (for how rare each of the items were). thanks, man!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So if I give them my old 13in rims I don't get the charge? Since I'm replacing theirs for something else. lol

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
DeathSlinger00 said:
i bought mine from james92scort for $100 along with a 3pc. gt spoiler. it was a great deal (for how rare each of the items were). thanks, man!
no no, Thank You for gettin that stuff outta my parents garage. They were driving me insane.

I can't believe it's been since June already when you came and got them.

·
Registered
725 Posts
hehe I got 4 rims from the dump for 54 bux today... with a 20 dollar core i eventully have to pay back *deal this weekend* anyways ther in rough but recoverable condition. im going to have my friend lookinto sandblasting the old coat off and repainting them white. the four i got are the GT slicers. :-D took me 2 1/2 hrs to find the fourth wheel. and 20 mins to get the LAST lug off of the doner car *grumbles* thank you GT exhost parts for making a tourq wrench! too bad the calipur was gone on the one side or else i woulda just converted to all disks today as well. :-/

Any ways i have been looking around for new rubber for the wheels http://www.discounttiredirect.com/ says the stock GT rims are 185/60-15 is that true? if so where can i pick up a good set of four rubbers that will last a LONG time and are good all season tires?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ivanmmj said:
So if I give them my old 13in rims I don't get the charge? Since I'm replacing theirs for something else. lol
Dcorwin822, is that what the core charge is?

Anyhow, I also want to know about the tires.

·
Registered
725 Posts
basically its an insentive for you to bring back the old parts for rebuild or what now. its entirely up to you if u want the extra 5 or so dollars a wheel. i opted not to so i could have something to put my winter tires on :-D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hold on, so it's actually that you pay an extra 5 if you choose not to? Or they GIVE you an extra 5 if you bring them the old one?

·
Registered
323 Posts
i went to this junkyard when i bought my MAF and i paid 44 bucks for it....they charged me 25 plus the core......junkyards rip you off that way....BUT a MAF from ford is probably 50-90 bucks so takewhatever u can get

1 - 14 of 14 Posts