FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone listening to right now?

Top five CD's on my deck in the past few weeks:

Iron Maiden - The number of the Best
Strung Out - Blackhaws over Las Angeles
Propogandhi - Supporting Caste
Dr Dre - 2001 - ( Quite different from the rest, I just love Dre's beats!)
AC/DC - High Voltage

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Mostly stuff like In Flames, DevilDriver, Lamb of God, Mudvayne.

But lately I have been lazy so I just put my MP3 player on shuffle and let it play whatever it wants.

If the MP3 player is dead, I listen to a classic rock station around home and when in Pittsburgh I listen to 105.9 the X.

·
Registered
886 Posts
My stereo has a USB input for thumb drives and such, and I have 16G of stuff on it.

Most recently played:
* 'Peasants, Pigs, and Astronauts' and 'K' by Kula Shaker
* 'One O'Clock Jump: The Very Best of Count Basie' by Count Basie
* 'All Things Must Pass' by George Harrison
* 'Rise' by Anoushka Shankar
* various original material by me
* various original material by my friend Anita
* various original material by my friend John
* 'Leftoverture' and 'Kansas' by Kansas
* 'Life Before Insanity' by Gov't Mule
* 'Live at the Fillmore East' by The Allman Brothers

C ya,
Dutch

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nezwick- I love In Flames. Not so much the newer stuff but its alright. More mid to late 90's stuff like Whoracle (Gyroscope!!)or Jester Race.

Anybody listen to Refused?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Marclar, I found that myspace link 'carbonentity". is that you? If so, I like your beats. I am more of a funky breaks person, but I like your hard house style.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hear ya on that one. I tried doing so myself using reason, I could barely operate the program efficiently let alone get anything of a good production value out of it.

I also play in a hard rock/ metal band (or used to anyway) we had written many songs but that as well can be a painstaking process.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Agreed, creating music is hard regardless of the aspect, although I've found sampling a little easier to do. The biggest problem I ever had for music was lyrics, since I played in a band. So, I just stay as an instrumentalist, and let the music try to convey what I'm feeling.

·
Administrator
39,323 Posts
using samples is an ez way to learn. but in the end of a production, you cant truely say its yours.

this is what the oprogram looks like: and this isnt even a complicated song

·
Registered
886 Posts
marclar said:
using samples is an ez way to learn. but in the end of a production, you cant truely say its yours.

this is what the oprogram looks like: and this isnt even a complicated song

I use FL to sequence my drums. Nice program, and capable of a lot more than what I use it for....

C ya,
Dutch

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I did all my recording thru a Yamaha AW1600 home workstation. No computer interface. I could never figure out those pesky programs. I guess you have to if your goal is sampling.

For recording with my band, the AW1600 was an excellent product.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ya I did not have a manual. It took me half a day to get the sound to come out of my speakers with Reason. that did not include time ensuring that it wasn't my computers sound setting directly :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts