FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't been around lately, mostly due to our internet not working, but also I've started a new job (splitting my time between 2 places now. New job is at the hospital doing Cardiac Rehab in a new facility) and my girlfriend and I building a house.

Some pictures of the progress of the house:

Ground broken

Wednesday

Broke ground in mid-May. Permits were in order shortly after. Framing started near the 1st of June. Slowed by weather the last week or so. Newest picture is from the 17th of June

Shingles and exterior started today. Hopefully done by early next week and windows/doors in shortly after.

2 story obviously, 1728sq ft. We'll also be finishing about 600 sq ft of the basement, so have about 2300 sq ft of living space. Should be in mid-August some time.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
so wait, are you building the thing yourself by hand? people do that? looks tight so far. i can't wait till i'm done with school and have a good job making real money. then i can start really thinking about stuff like this.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, I'm not doing the actual construction. Working too much for that! My dad is a contractor, doing the work. Peace of mind knowing that.

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
OSB is fine on the roof. It ain't a floor. It's up to the roofing material to protect that from getting wet. A full covering of rubber membrane is recommended but not required past the bottom 3 feet.

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
I saw one house being built that they used this coated plywood or something like that on the roof. Then they put the shingles right on it with no tar paper. It must be some new product.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Land is just over an acre. Not too big.

No, our mortgage won't be $500 a month. I wish.

The roof is fine. That's how all houses around here have always been built. He's been a contractor for 25 years. No problems with roofing, ever.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
looks nice, going to be a big house i assume ur gonna have lots of kids :)

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll pour you a mug, Brad but I'm never drinking out of one of those again.

Electrical inspection has been done. Plumbing and heating/cooling done this week some time. Most insulation is done. Hopefully drywall by week's end.

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
I was hoping there'd be someone to polish it off. I can only handle a few sips, though the flavour will make me wanna keep drinking it because there's a delay to the booze hit.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.