FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had to do it over again what would you do? I have a 92 2d lx and would like to keep my gas milage but get better handling. I am open for sugestions. I did a search but the search engine kinda sucks. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I am not sure what size/style you are going for, but I run 205/40ZR17 Yokohama Parada Spec2 tires on Enkei RS5 rims. They weight nearly the same as the stock 15' aluminum rim and tire. What kind of fuel mileage do you have and how much gain do you want? Replace fuel filter, tune it up, replace old O2 sensor, and fill the tires.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
175/70R13 I get 43.5 mpg now

Could use a little more tune, I have not dug into the car yet though. I would like something that is not too big on the car. My roads are pretty good around here so , no lower than 45s . If the rims look really good I could go to 17s. I mainly want to stay around 15 or so. I also did not see the weight on stock rims so I don't really have anything to compare them with. I have never bent any 17s on any of the cars I have had so I am pretty good about that. My only thing is I don't like the speedo off, that drives me nuts. :)

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Re: 175/70R13 I get 43.5 mpg now

waldoz said:
Could use a little more tune, I have not dug into the car yet though. I would like something that is not too big on the car. My roads are pretty good around here so , no lower than 45s . If the rims look really good I could go to 17s. I mainly want to stay around 15 or so. I also did not see the weight on stock rims so I don't really have anything to compare them with. I have never bent any 17s on any of the cars I have had so I am pretty good about that. My only thing is I don't like the speedo off, that drives me nuts. :)
Why does putting a 17" wheel on your car make the speedo inaccurate?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only if you can not get the tire ratio correct. I just don't want to drop down to a 40s tire just to get the speedo right. You can still change the plastic gears but its just a pain to sort it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.