FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn't seem to be an exhaust subsection so here goes. After seeing some pics of a 1st gen pacesetter header, which I thought I had, leads me to believe that I, in fact, do not have a pacesetter. When I was running open header, around 3500rpm I had to fight the wheel to stay straight from the torque the motor was putting out, the o2 bung is in the running of cylinder 3, any other info needed and I'll try to answer. 1-4 merge, and 2-3 merge, while it appears that the pacesetter has 1-3 and 2-4, firing order of the bp is 1-3-4-2

I didn't take any pics of it out of the box it was shipped in, so here goes:

This is a 91 GT with, originally, stock exhaust system.

Gap between end of header which appears to have a ball type ender with "loose" flange

Another view with the flange in the shot

Top view

Side view from front of the engine to the back of the engine

Hooking under the engine block and going to the back of the car

And the little extension pipe that I had a buddy fab up for me so I could listen to my music again
[/u]

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
that is the pacesetter header. That is a donut flange on the end. I had that exact same header on my 93 LX-E.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, The FS thread is for a 1.9, I didn't read that part, that's where the confusion came in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is that 4-2-1 header still availible from pacesetter or from any of there distributors? On ebay theres 2 different pics for the same part number (70-1166). One being a 2 peice shorty style header w/ extension pipe, and a one peice tri-y design with a short adapter, any clarification would be appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.