6381 - 6387 of 6387 Posts

·
I named my baby OJ.
86 Posts
I'm thinking just replace them both...

·
Registered
7,720 Posts
@Gamer92 - Kind of shocked. That doesn't look like it's anything you'd get stuck in. Must be a hill. Couldn't backup either? Supposedly with open differentials, you can lightly hold the brake and force more power to the non-slipping wheel. Did you experiment with that?

Also, did you like freaking wash and wax the car in the middle of a muddy stream right before taking the picture? Photo doesn't show any mud, even on the tires LoL. 😃

EDIT: I recall one time where I got stuck in a parking spot; kind of shoveled in. THen I later noticed that I hadn't fully released my parking brake. (Doh!) Once I did that I shot right out of it! 😅

·
Registered
250 Posts
Rebuilt the front struts today on my 99 sedan (replaced the strut assemblies, upper spring isolators, and upper bearings; reused the rest). I need to buy a CV axle puller so I can replace the CV shafts as I tried this morning and couldn't get the DS axle out. Just shy of 225K miles after over 14 years of ownership (picked mine up with 101K on the dial). Passed emissions last month with flying colors. Was considering replacing it with a Mazdaspeed 3 but I'm gonna keep it as a commuter and buy a Yamaha MT09 instead :)

6381 - 6387 of 6387 Posts