FEOA Forums banner
6301 - 6320 of 6405 Posts

·
Registered
7,745 Posts
Looks like you took good care of'er. For PA, I'd expect to see some rust around the arches for the rear wheels. They had some good paint on many of those though. Sometimes you have to know where to look to really ascertain the condition of the 'scorts.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Looks like you took good care of'er. For PA, I'd expect to see some rust around the arches for the rear wheels. They had some good paint on many of those though. Sometimes you have to know where to look to really ascertain the condition of the 'scorts.
Yes, I took exceptional care of this little car. My kids were tearing up as she got towed away. (I was too a little bit lol). There was rust starting everywhere, and here in PA you will fail your annual inspection with rust on the body. I've been fighting rust for the past 4 years or so to get it to pass. Second best car of my life by far. Wish Ford would make something new comparable.

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
I liked mine too but as with yours, I got tired of fighting the rust. When I saw pin holes starting on the rear strut towers I knew it was time. Fortunately for me, 24hr after listing it on Craigslist it was sold.

Reactions: copcarguy

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Yes, I took exceptional care of this little car. My kids were tearing up as she got towed away. (I was too a little bit lol). There was rust starting everywhere, and here in PA you will fail your annual inspection with rust on the body. I've been fighting rust for the past 4 years or so to get it to pass. Second best car of my life by far. Wish Ford would make something new comparable.
Thankfully that isn't an issue out this way...

John

·
Registered
7,745 Posts
Rust forced me out of mine as well. Oddly, the undercoat looked fine. But underneath all that, the entire rear end was rust. (could tell by knuckle knocking around back there) Could only jack up the rear end by cross-member... anywhere else would literally crush. But it looked fine.

Thankfully that isn't an issue out this way...

John
Oh rub it in... John. :shifty:

;)

·
Registered
706 Posts
With a car of this age probably $500
The caravana is a rip off in my book . I traded in a 4k mike 2018 mustang gt to a dealer and got 28k
Caravana offered me 24k I believe they prey off of people not being able to sell their cars quickly. They got people that scout craigslist and contact you for your car. That’s how they contacted me .

6301 - 6320 of 6405 Posts