FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 663 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I replaced both rear struts on the Tracer with Monroe quick struts. Then took off my winter Altimax Arctics on the stock Trio wheels, and put on a brand new set of summer Altimax RT43's on Rial Campo wheels from Tire Rack that I got on clearance. Swapped my Anco winter wipers for Trico NeoForm beam blades both front and back. So went from winter to summer mode lol.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Automotive side marker light
Sharp looking wagon! Did you do the rear disc swap or did it come that way?
Thanks! I am the second owner, the original 74 year old owner special ordered it with all power options, cruise, ABS, that cool/wierd color Boysenberry Blue, a 5 speed stick, and yes the disc brakes all around... The car is pretty fast and handles great and is actually kinda sporty!

It's sitting roughly 2" higher than before in the back, the old struts had almost 50K on them. I hope it levels out a little bit to be honest...

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
...sedan springs on them and not the wagon springs...
OK you got me curious and I went to rockauto.com to see what the difference is between wagon & sedan rear coils...

Moog part number CC867 are wagon springs and are 15" free height with a load capacity of 426 lbs. and CC869 are sedan and are 14.63" and 394 lb. load. Literally every other dimension/capacity/rate is identical, including the installation height of 10".

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I had the original never replaced rear drivers side caliper stick OPEN this week, and the slides were all boogered up... so today I replaced both rear calipers, slides, semi-metallic pads, rotors, and hoses. Let me say I LOVE rockauto closeout prices! ACDelco rotors for $7.12 each, Raybestos pads for $9, two rebuilt Cardone calipers with all hardware for $102. And yes, I agree bleeding with a helper is the best way to do it lol.
Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle brake Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I hope they're not bad, but if they are I will just replace them with a quick strut that has a warranty.
I got the good black (not cheaper blue ones) Monroe QuikStruts brand new on eBay. I paid $58 shipped from one seller that had a $99.99 buy it now or make an offer, and $48.51 for the other shipped that had a $75 buy it now or make an offer. I am glad I made the lowball offers lol. There's still one on there last time I looked few days ago for I think $75 buy it now...

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
It's really annoying to start the car and take off from being parked nose down a hill and having the gauge take forever to go back up off of E to the correct reading when I'm on the lower side of fuel levels.
OMG I am so glad my car isn't the only one that does this! Where I park my car it's slightly nose down, and it shows like 1/4 tank LOWER than what's really in there... it takes like 10 minutes or so to read correct. I felt really stupid one time when it showed 3/4 full and I wanted to top it off and only put $2 in when the pump clicked off lol.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
So I found my (only about 2 year old or so) fuel filler neck hose has rotted out again and is leaking gas today. Anybody have a recommendation on a particular brand or a high quality one that will last?
I have never heard of this part rotting out before... I am curious what brand you currently have? Rockauto has an aftermarket one for $67 if that helps...

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Went outside to simply change the oil... While doing that, I've been hearing a rattling heat shield lately so I found the culprit and threw a hose clamp around the exhaust. I scoped out the power steering pump as it's making noise again wanted to see what I was in for. Then I remembered that it was time to rotate the new tires. When the tires were off, I washed inside of new rims. While hose was out, washed the car. Figured it was a nice day so put a coat of Mothers wax on. Made the car real shiny so then hit it with Eagle One spray detailer which makes it crazy shiny. So that's how an oil change turns into a complete detailed car lol.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Vehicle
Wired in the new fogs this weekend as I ran out of time last weekend and just mounted them. Washed and gave the wagon a spritz of quick detail spray. I also ordered a new PS pump and IAC Valve from Advance Auto online as they had a 20% off code AND free shipping! I hope I ordered the right pump (got 20-1036 Cardone) as they had two that were "exact fits". I hope IAC fixes my high idle problem that's been coming and going lately for no reason too...

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Car Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system Auto part
Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design
Replaced the IAC Valve at 115,753 miles and ordered a NOS Ford CCRM from eBay. I had no A/C going to work the other day (but worked fine the day before and on the way home), and figured why not have a spare one on hand. I have no time for soldering, junkyard searching, etc. The CCRM part numbers are very confusing, rockauto says the car takes this one, other parts websites say another one. So, when doing the IAC, I peeked under the air filter housing and got the part number and big letter off the original one. Googled it, and found a NOS one on eBay so that's coming...

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Not sure if we're looking at the same ones?? The one I got was NOS brand new not rebuilt. I can't get on eBay from where I'm at right now to send you the link, sorry...

1 - 20 of 663 Posts