FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found the following car on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2437285165

Looks like the guy did a nice job on the install, but still can't get the thing to run. So my questions...
Has anyone ever tried to do this kind of swap before? and did you encounter the same problem?
Anyone feel like giving me a list of what the problems could be and an estimate on how much I'd have to spend to get this thing running reliably.
Lastly, how much do you think it's worth. Right now i'm prepared to bid 1k or there abouts. I might go as high as 3k if i get some good news. THanks for your help! :)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Jake,
I'll tell you right now, that kind of a project isn't a straight fix...its not like your going to spend $XXX and get it fixed and everything is great. I repeatedly keep dumping cash into my project.

anyhow here's my initial thoughts (I already emailed him and told him):
*Vacuum leak (didnt connect a vac line to the IAC)
*Wrong timing; timing too advanced or a jumped tooth on the belt
*No compression situation (unlikely, but could be a headgasket)
*Computer is bad or not functioning properly. My ECU got flooded with coolant when my heatercore went, it fried the drivers for the fuel injectors. ....Or sticky fuel injectors?

My bet is on Vac leak, or a the VAF not reading airflow right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.