FEOA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I like my roads curvy and downhill
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, To just jump right into it. I would like to know what my beep code means but I can't really find a clear answer for it because it seems like Gen 2 did beep codes but Gen 3 stopped for the most part. Does anyone know any/all the beep codes for Gen 3?.
The beep code I'm getting is 5 of 5. 5 normal beeps then a pause, repeats 5 times. started on a rainy day. it happens randomly as if the problem comes and goes. No codes on the ECU but I'm using a basic scanner.

·
Super Moderator
6,053 Posts
After 1996 all cars used OBDII which uses codes in the format of "P0500" not beep codes.

Reactions: Greenbean

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After 1996 all cars used OBDII which uses codes in the format of "P0500" not beep codes.
Welp, I guess that's makes it either my radio or my gauge XD.

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Figured it out, It was a beep code from the car. The blue box of safety was beeping. Simply unplugged it and it stopped. I would actually fix it but if we don't know the codes then I'm not going to go insane over a air bag that is 20 something years old. at this point, It might be better if they don't deploy at all instead of finding out what a old air bag does, I wear my seat belt anyway.

·
Super Moderator
6,053 Posts
Did the airbag light come on before when you turned the key on? It may have been as simple as a burned out bulb.

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
... The bulb has been removed for about a month...
Video with Dashlights:

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
put a bulb in, No light. Stills Beeps. Unpluged the box of safety again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts