FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to drop a '97 2.0L into my '95. I have some questions about exhaust. :scratch:

1- Will pretty much any exhaust that fits a '91-'96 1.9L fit on the 2.0L as well?

2- I've read many gripes about Pacesetter headers. Anyone who has one please post on your satisfaction/dissatisfaction with them.

3- I've read about the exhaust manifolds from 1st gen GT's being header-like and compatible with some other motors- would they work on a '97 2.0L?

4- I want to upgrade exhaust but I want something mellow that gives me more power. This car will be a part time pizza mobile and I don't want to have to take it easy all of the time because I might tick someone off with noisy exhaust. Any ideas on who makes a fairly quiet muffler that still improves performance?

5- What about replacing my catalytic converter. Does the stock one on a '95 flow well or should I replace it with another?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I don't know much about the other stuff you're asking, But I just installed a Flowmaster 50 series and it is not too bad noise wise. I don't know how it'll sound with the 2.0 but it sounds great with my 1.8. It has a lower tone until I take it up to the high 3's(rpms) or above, but only when I hammer on the gas pedal. Then it develops a higher pitch, but nothing like a "ricer" would have. Best of luck figuring out what to do! Peace Out.

·
Registered
709 Posts
With everything I have heard about the pacesetter header I am tempted to go buy one and try it for myself. Just to see if it gets a thumbs up or thumbs down. One minute I hear they are great, next I hear they suck. Oh well, let us know how it goes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.