FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to drop a '97 2.0L into my '95. I have some questions about exhaust. :scratch:

1- Will pretty much any exhaust that fits a '91-'96 1.9L fit on the 2.0L as well?

2- I've read many gripes about Pacesetter headers. Anyone who has one please post on your satisfaction/dissatisfaction with them.

3- I've read about the exhaust manifolds from 1st gen GT's being header-like and compatible with some other motors- would they work on a '97 2.0L?

4- I want to upgrade exhaust but I want something mellow that gives me more power. This car will be a part time pizza mobile and I don't want to have to take it easy all of the time because I might tick someone off with noisy exhaust. Any ideas on who makes a fairly quiet muffler that still improves performance?

5- What about replacing my catalytic converter. Does the stock one on a '95 flow well or should I replace it with another?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I don't know much about the other stuff you're asking, But I just installed a Flowmaster 50 series and it is not too bad noise wise. I don't know how it'll sound with the 2.0 but it sounds great with my 1.8. It has a lower tone until I take it up to the high 3's(rpms) or above, but only when I hammer on the gas pedal. Then it develops a higher pitch, but nothing like a "ricer" would have. Best of luck figuring out what to do! Peace Out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nuke- I read that but it's just about a cat back exhaust. At least that's what I thought it said.

Major- don't hurt yourself

thanks for the 411

·
Registered
709 Posts
With everything I have heard about the pacesetter header I am tempted to go buy one and try it for myself. Just to see if it gets a thumbs up or thumbs down. One minute I hear they are great, next I hear they suck. Oh well, let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
222 Posts
are there even any headers available for the 2.0 SPI besides the ones from Pacessetter? I haven't ever seen any, but it would be nice to have some options...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pacesetter headers???

majormastermind said:
Well i'll be putting my Pacesetter headers on this weekend with the help of my crowbar so i'll tell you later how things work......
How 'bout it MajorMasterMind? Did you get them onto your Scort? Do you like them?

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts