FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people,

How are you doing? I hope you guys are doing fine cauz the summer is on the way !! woohoo :p

I was shopping for some tools at my local Canadian Tire and i saw those Red Cherry Bomb resonator.....and they are like 26 $ CDN..which is rather cheap....

I looked in the box and i was not really impressed with the overall quality of the product..cauz its kind of heavy and the welds were not super clean....and the inside of the resonator is a louvered style instead of a punctured style one...which from what i've read on the Flowmaster Web page as a negative impact on exhaust gaz flow...

But still i need a bigger center resonator cauz my homemade straight throught muffler is a little bit loud for everyday driving....

So my question is does anybody used those cherry bomb before? cauz 26 CDN $ is kinda cheap..but then if you guys know a better and as cheap product...i'd like to know :p
tanks for your inputs
Max

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
i've never heard of anyone with anything less than a V6 have cherrybombs. who knows how it will sound on a four-banger.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Humm...i know it's used by a lot of Civic Tuner..but...i dont refer to Civic Tuners as a good source of information lol....

·
Registered
822 Posts
maybe you should scrap the idea then lol

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I'd recommend using a Dynomax Race Bullet, but I doubt you're running a 2.5" or larger exhaust system.

Might as well get it, I doubt you'll find anything of higher quality for a <2" exhaust.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hehe no i have a 2'' inner diam exhaust system...i think it would not be a good idea to use 2,5'' along with my stock engine :p

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I've put the Cherry Bomb Turbo II muffler on my sister's festiva. Noticably improved the lower end of the engine and greatly improved the sound (over no muffler at all). I spent 24 bucks on it and I like it a lot. It was great until she hit a pothole and destroyed her gas tank and the rear end of the exhaust which I put on a week prior. My life sucks.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
humm...that sucks man !

well...i guess i'll give it a try.... i can afford to waste 26 $ if it turns out to suck.....

and if it does...i'll put it on my 91 hyundai Excel....

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Or i could also use another center resonator from a stock LX....and weld it on my exhaust sytem..so 2 small resonator could probably help..ill see for how much i could get one and ill post back later on with the updates :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.