FEOA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the second time i stepped in my 4 month old zx2 and stepped in water on the driver side floor boards.

the window was up, and water is not anywhere else in the car. is it a broken seal or would it be something else?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
maybe the heater core took a shit on itself... does the heat still work?

I´d say the fuel lines, but then the car wouldn´t run and the leak would also be on the passenger side...

Check under the seat and try to figure out where it is coming from... maybe pop the rear seats and check the fuel pump and sending unit and make sure that things didn´t explode or anything.

Maybe a rabid cat is urinating in your car during the night... :)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Where do you come up with these ideas Siragan??? He never mentioned a fuel smell. He said water. Trust me on this, if some one smells fuel and ses a puddle, the first thing they are going to say if there was a puddle of fuel on my floor. The heater core on the other hand is an ok guess, but then there would probably be a complaint of a sweet antifreeze smell, and the puddle would more than likely be on the passenger side. Puddles on the driver side are usually caused by bad weather stripping, a window that slipps down a bit, or a hole in the firewall that isn´t plugged. Im leaning toward the seal since he didn´t notice the puddle when he got out of the car, and firewall leaks usually ocurr while driving through puddles and if you wash your engine bay at the car wash.

That brings me to my next questions. Where do you live?? And was there a conciderable amount of snow on your roof?? Melting snow that was over the door seal has an easier time getting in than rain water since it is concentrated right over the seal. Also there may be a case where you didn´t clean your shoes off thuroughly when you got in your car and you left a big clump on the floor that melted while you were out. One way or the other since your car is only 4 months old I would sugest bringing it to the dealer under waranty and have them figure it out. They might have a service bulliten stating that this has happened to other car and they will know what to fix.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will probably just take the car in this weekend.

the heater still works, and of course it is not fuel.

i live in va beach, and there was no snow and when i got in my car last night, it was not raining so it could not have been from my shoes. i am thinking it must be from weather stripping but i looked around and did not see anything jump out at me.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I´ve been to VA Beech before. Spent a few months at Ft. Eustis for training. And I don´t remember it getting to snowy there. I do remember getting some rain though. But you say it did not rain so I am baffled. Unless you some how created a storm cloud under your dashboard, I´m not sure where the water came from.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it did rain during the night. i was saying that it was not from wet shoes the night before that created the wet spot on my floor board.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%>[TR][TD]Quote:

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]
07-02-2003 at 12:07, Pimp_scort_89_GT wrote:
Where do you come up with these ideas Siragan???
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

lol

Check UNDER the car and make sure that you don´t have holes in the bottom going up into the rider compartment... this will get stuff from the road chucked up and will lead to this.. I know because my dad had this same problem and it was a hole in the floor, but you couldn´t see it from inside the car because the hole was under the car in the metal itself. This could very well be your problem.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
a buddy of mine has a haggard ´92 Cav with the same problem. and they found that it was from a leak or hole or something between the firewall and the front windshield. all they did was seal it up with some kind of compound, and it was good as new (so to speak).

·
Registered
389 Posts

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]
07-02-2003 at 09:29, Lastmango_24 wrote:
this is the second time i stepped in my 4 month old zx2 and stepped in water on the driver side floor boards.

the window was up, and water is not anywhere else in the car. is it a broken seal or would it be something else?
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]
Yeah guys, but this is a 4 month old ZX2. I can´t imagine that the floor or firewall have any holes already. It´s more likely to be some kind of seal.
Take the car in and get it repaired under warranty! :p

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Guys you have to remember, this is FORD...not the best known company for it´s quality products, know what I´m saying? even a 4 month old car can have odd little problems like that. All I´m saying is don´t rule out the firewall hole thing.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]
08-02-2003 at 13:21, James92Scort wrote:
Guys you have to remember, this is FORD...not the best known company for it´s quality products
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

LOL - quote of the day! quote of the week... the year! :-]

hahahaha lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts