FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well its driving me nuts now...

i put a water pump on it a week ago...i ended up being a tooth off on the exaust cam...so i got it all back to normal.

soon as i start it some weird vibration comes up...

heres the video....

also i know i was a tooth off because it iidled like crap...now it idles right

· Registered
5,164 Posts
I can't tell if it is the graininess of the vid, or if the timing belt seems to move along the cam pulleys when you loaded it. It sound like something is loose, like your tensioner and is contacting the timing plate. Your belt seems to float around on your cam pulleys, you sure the tensioner is good or tight enough? I would relive tension and check for deflection of anything. You will narrow it down.

· Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOWETGT said:
I can't tell if it is the graininess of the vid, or if the timing belt seems to move along the cam pulleys when you loaded it. It sound like something is loose, like your tensioner and is contacting the timing plate. Your belt seems to float around on your cam pulleys, you sure the tensioner is good or tight enough? I would relive tension and check for deflection of anything. You will narrow it down.
ill go double check it all an post what i find..thanks

· Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i fixed it...it still does it a lil here an there some reason...maybe the timing on the dizzy is off?

oh an it was the tensioner for the timing belt..belt tightened up an it quit vibrating...

also where do you shine the timing light on a gt...i cant seem to find it on the crank...

also is it 10*..an would bumpin that up make it run better?

· Registered
5,164 Posts
Good stuff, is it possible tensioner is bad and causing the occasional vibration you describe. You don't want it failing you. Worth the $40-75 for part to avoid a tow. The mark on the crank pulley is small and hard to find. It is a small indent dash on the flange between the belt grooves on the crank pulley, the numbers are on the lower timing cover. You have to jumper a wire in the diag. block to set the timing correctly, unsure which though. If you go above 10* like 12 or 16, you must use a higher octane fuel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.