FEOA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok all i went to the track last nite i did pretty good but it wasnt runnin right, heres the ? the engine is keeping the rpm's up, if i rev it to 6000rpm it stays ther, also the trainy is not shifting right when i mash the gas it doesnt kick down all the way, it just goes down a gear and holds. also at the track last nite i left it in drive and ran it, well 1st gear did real good went all the way to 7000 rpm and shifted, then when i got into 2nd the car shifted at 5000 rpm. but i cant find anything wrong except my check coolant light is on, checked fluids and all is fine. anybody got any ideas?

·
Registered
91 Posts
:roll: i cant tell you whats wrong with your car, however what i can say is that 7000 rpm's in a scort cant be good for it

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
especially since it isn't a GT. LXs aren't supposed rev out that high. is the transmission electronically controlled? if so, by the ECU? if that's the case then check it all out. if the transmission isn't electonically controlled maybe the synchros aren't syncronizing the gears. :?

·
Registered
874 Posts
I thought the kickdown was only suposed to go down one gear??? I'm guessing this is a 4 speed right? I really gotta get going, but I will post more later. I have been racing with autos for a while nnow, so I will give you some tips if you want too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well to rev the 1.9 to 7000rpm is fine for me for somereason, hell i could take it higher if i wanted, but i feel the power to start falling off after 7000. and as for electronic i have no clue, i think it is controlled some how by the ecu, but im wondering if thers a sensor that is screwing with me, cause why is it holding at 6000rpms when i rev it up, when i rev the car above 5000rpms it will stay ther then it slowly starts to drop off!! and my check coolant light comes on then goes off all the time, comes on for awhile then stays off for awhile. so i dont know whats goin on!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts