FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aight, this is concerning my 1998 ZX2

Whenever I go fast down a straightaway and there is a dip in the road the suspension travels as it should, but when it travels down there comes a high pitched screech from the struts with the most / too much load.

This also happens on the front struts on a hard turn either left or right in second gear going about 40-50 km/h and accelerating hard.

Is this just me abusing the suspension if so should I just look to upgrade to suspension to handle my style of driving, or is the stock suspension going on the fritz?

Also, I just started getting a squeak from the brakes when the brake is depressed (after being pressed down for a short period of time). I'm not sure if this is happening all the time (during my driving because there is a lot of road noise) it is really only noticible when at a stop, is this a result of the brake lines acting up?

Peace

Gabe

· Registered
3,307 Posts
Have you looked at the struts yet to see if there is any damage on the spings and piston rod?
Also...check your brake pads....it sounds a bit like you over glazed the rotors/pads when they were newer...or you did some long,hard,hot braking sometime in the summer.

Deglaze the rotors and see if that fixes that one problem at least.

· Registered
6 Posts
I had a simular problem with mine 91 lx once, only it wasn't a sqeel or sqeak it was a vibration, I replace all 4 struts and the problem persisted. I was beside myself until someone sugested I check my cv joints. All the boots looked fine, no leaks, everything looked good. I wasn't convinced this was the problem, but out of frustration I replaced both axels anyway and the problem was solved. Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.