FEOA Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
It goes up and down with the rev of the engine?

Replace your RCA's to your sub amp. That happened with mine to my front speakers first then my back's after that. New RCA's fixed it. How old are they?

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Make sure that you're running the RCA's down the passenger side. If they're down the drivers side... they will sometimes do that.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
YEah, don't run your power and RCA's on the same side. I think that's what ^^ meant?? I was told to separate power and RCAs

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
`really? i had no idea!!! damn that sucks. time for rewiring! i cant though unless i get ned rca's! there mad short!! i had no idea about this. ill change it when i can find 20 ft of 4 g for under 10 bucks LOL

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Josh_LX said:
i didnt know better and ran mine down the same side and it desn it now and then. Its too cold to move them now. I'll wait untill summer. ITs only intermitent anyways.
Yeah, that's how mine started...only for a few seconds, then a bit longer then always. It was always worse with the cold too...mine was down opposite sides of the car though..just needed new rca's

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
There is always a slight possibility though that it is the alternator. I've heard that having a cap can fix a lot of the problems, but I don't know that for sure. Either way I'd recommend a cap with an LED... even if it's just for show!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Um...

Well CAPS do isolate 99% of the noise problems, due to the fact that they are usually on their own circuit. The whining can be supressed by installing a noise filter. To get rid of it completely, isolate the power to the amp on a seperate circuit.

-Pete

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.