FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Been a while since I have posted a topic here. Marriage, work, etc get in the way...

Anyway, lately my EGT has developed a weird high pictched noise under load. Happens only once I have the foot down, pulling away from street lights, cruising on the highway at 120 kmh, etc. Changes pitch as the load changes. Goes away once I let it coast, or if I get it more throttle. Just really weird.

Anybody have any suggestions? Oil is full, coolant is full, no obvious vacumm leaks. Looked for all the major stuff, and nothing. Seems to happen most at around 3000-4000 rpm... Any ideas?!?!?! Very very very annoying problem. My wife refuses to ride with me! :)

Thanks for any help,

Ryan

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
when you say "when it's under heavy load", do you mean, when you put it to the floor? because mine does this high-ish pitch noise at high rpm's when in-gear. it sounds kinda like a turbo charger (i wish), but i also think it may be the pulley....

yeah......

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well, I dont know if yours is a 5 speed or automatic or if that matters but It sounds to me like a pulley or loose belt. Has your alternator or water pump ever been changed?, maybe the bearing is going out in one of them..Other than that, I'm not too sure what it could be.....Good luck though...I hope mine doesnt try that.....
Later
Gmoney 8)

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
mine's an auto. i think the alternator was replaced when my sister nearly totalled the car back in 1998. but while we're on the subject, my alternator does squeak at times, like when i turn off the car when things wind down. it used to squeak when i would first start it up in the morning, but i found out that was from moisture (from when i had to park outside), but once i got garage privilages it stopped. but all it does now is squeak a tad when i turn it off. :lol: and that noise at high rpm's while in-gear

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.