FEOA Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... you've probably heard me bitching about the way the car feels and handles since i got it. I know... i'm spoiled.

But, that all being said, what do i do? (Didn't want to jack up the other thread anymore, felt bad.)

The car currently has Tokico Blues and Eibachs on it. Something needs to be done to stiffen it up and bring it lower. (Girlfriend likes slammed cars. I am a lucky boy.)

In addition to the new bushings and strut tower braces that the car will be recieving, what else should we look at?

MX3 rear tie bar?
Suspension Techniques rear sway bar?

What strut/spring combo? If the Tokicos aren't blown, i'd like to keep those for the time being, in the interest of saving money at the moment. We were looking at the Megan Racing springs, because they're decently stiff, and seem to offer the biggest drop. I don't think either of us want to mess with coilovers at the moment.

So.... I need to know if the MX3 rear tie bar will do anything, and what springs to go with. In the event of the Tokicos being blown, we'll go with the S/Rs.

If you guys could post up pics of your setups, and tell me what they are, that would be great. :) Reviews/recommendations are more than welcome as well.

We're trying to get the suspension and interior done before bodywork and new paint is done. :)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I will start i guess.......

K-sport coilovers (formally S/R with Eibachs)
Front MX3 control arms
ES poly front control arm bushings
Ebay strut bars front and rear
ZXtuner/Progress 22mm adjustable swaybar set on "stiffest"
Josh_LX™ Delrin front sway bar endlinks
Poly/heim joint rear sway bar endlinks
Rear MX3 tie bar
ES poly steering rack bushings
205/45-16 tires/wheels

I will list them now in order of how much change they have made starting with the biggest change first:
205/45-16, completely different car after these were on
K-sport coilovers- also a completely different car after these, but not for everybody
ZXtuner 22mm swaybar- set on stiffest, this thing is perfect, but careful on heavy braking situations on corners or loose surfaces
Josh_LX™ Delrin endlinks- these things are excellent, and improved steering response. as close to a heim joint as you will get
Front MX3 control arms/ES bushings- these did help to tighten up the front plus its a cheap easy install
MX3 tie bar and ebay sway bars- did not notice much until they were taken off the car and driven. definatly help with chassis stiffnes and NVH, and they are cheap
ES poly rack bushings- eliminates slop in the steering and will make a bad tie rod end more noticeable, these are also cheap.

I will post pics after I wash the car...........

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
:lol: If you're talking about my thread don't worry about it..

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jinx said:
:lol: If you're talking about my thread don't worry about it..
haha, yeah, i was. But it was also to consolidate all the info. I've gotten tidbits here and there, and decided that i should just get all the questions out of the way at once, so we can make a list of what needs to be replaced/upgraded and just have one reference. :)

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
I LOVED my tokico s/r struts with dropzone coils and custom H&R springs (250F/200R). The car also had delrin everything so the chassis was super stiff and didn't need any stiffer of a spring.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alxdgr8 said:
I LOVED my tokico s/r struts with dropzone coils and custom H&R springs (250F/200R). The car also had delrin everything so the chassis was super stiff and didn't need any stiffer of a spring.
Yeah, we loved the stance of your car, too :).... I'm just not sure if either of us want to deal with coilovers. They've been a pain in the ass to dial in on the Celica, to say the least.

I'm hoping that someone can show me what the S/Rs and Megan Racing springs look like.

Anyone have the thread that tells you exactly what is needed to run the S/Rs?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
ok I finally washed it..........I have no idea how much lower it is from stock, but it was lower when the car left K-sport the day i got the coilovers, but the axles immediately started making funny noises, and there was a vibration on accel so I raised it up about 1/2inch in front from where they had it.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^Thanks man, we appreciate it. :)

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
With the shitty broken ksports when I first got it from Josh:

Right after I installed the H&R coil springs. Outer tires rubbed the unrolled fenders so I then raised it back up a tad.

After I raised it so it wouldn't rub

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.